Hard to find qualified employees!
Percentage of companies per country (with 10 or more employees) having difficulties finding qualified employees.
- Japan – 81%
- India – 64%
- Brazil – 63%
- Turkey – 63%
- Mexico – 44%
- Greece – 42%
- Australia – 41%
- Germany – 40%
- United States – 40%
- Italy – 34%
- Canada – 31%
- China – 24%
- France – 21%
- United Kingdom – 12%
- Spain – 3%
Source: OECD report – Getting Skills Right: Assessing and Anticipating Changing Skill Needs
Photo by Helloquence
Thinking about starting a new DIY project?
- Instructable – documentation platform where people share what they do and how they do it
- Ehow – Provides concise how-to articles written by professionals and users
- Diynetwork – Information for projects featured on their TV programs
- Today.com/Home – Specializing in decorating and gardening, with online tools and message board
- Diynot – Forums and a collection of tips and articles in home improvement
- Howcast – Offers user-submitted how-to videos and guides
- Getridofthings – A broad spectrum of humorous articles focusing on pest control, stain removal, bad smells, heal, computer repair and some other domestic topics
- Acme howto – Articles on tasks and repairs around the home and garden
- How to do things – Directory that provides a wide variety of do-it-yourself tips and tutorials
- Practicaldiy – Source of practical guides for Do-It-Yourself home build and repair activities.
- Onthehouse – Provides a variety of money-saving tips on building, remodeling and repairing homes.
- Daveosborne – Features articles and plans for the do it yourself on home renovations and home repair
- Yourepair.com – Helping people fix things around the house or understanding what a contractor will do to solve
- Bejane – A home improvement resource and community for DIY projects, home repair, painting, plum
- Tensquaremetres – A photographic diary of a DIY project to extend a house by ten square metres.
Photo by Jazmin Quaynor